Book Your Design Power
The DPS consultation is a working idea session, so get ready for our best design advice with nothing held back!
This 2-hour focused, one-on-one design consultation is perfect if you need guidance and execution advice on your design vision.
This is also the chance for Amy + the RD team to see your project, connect with you on the design vision + learn about any project obstacles to overcome. From there, we’ll recommend the design service that will best meet your needs and suggest the way to move the project ahead.
✔ You’ll get our consultation summary spreadsheet that lists all of the things we talked about, creating a scope of work for your project. This is a .pdf document sent via email after your session.
✔ Any applicable links, additional notes or sketches from our time together.
We Meet Together (in-person or virtually)
within a 30-mile radius of our MI office, if you're outside that area, please inquire about an online design power session
- After you book, we'll send you an outline of what comes next + the info we'll need from you before our call
- You'll get our quick + easy style sheet so we can learn your goals for the space and get to know your lifestyle
- You'll get our pro tips on how to organize ideas on your Pinterest Boards without getting overwhelmed
This is an idea session, so get ready for our best design advice with nothing held back!
Depending on your needs, your session could include things like: recommendations for furniture layouts, floor plan reviews for new builds or renovations, paint color selections, rug sizing, window treatment & furnishing ideas, lighting tips, accessory, art + material recommendations (such as countertops, tile or flooring).
Please note that we do not bring material samples with us but we will have paint samples and the ability to source product online, or we would be happy to advise on samples you've already collected. Should you prefer us to make your material selections for you we can continue on working together with a DPS day, Design Plan or Full Service Design and we can discuss all these options at your consultation
Your Design Power Session is done, but our support for you isn't. After your session, you get:
- A consultation summary spreadsheet that lists all of things we talked about.
- Any applicable links, notes or sketches from our time together.
- And if applicable, paint samples.
Other Great Ways to Use Your DPS Consultation
- Get the design advice you're looking for, such as how to prioritize your projects, how to maximize your budget, how to decide what items to invest in, what items to keep or discard
- Get our pro styling tips & how-to's for the finishing touches
- Perfect if you need a second opinion on options you're already considering for furnishings/finishes
- Help determining your design style
Ideas about how to work with your existing furniture pieces and what to add new
- Review of your floor plans to make sure you're using the space effectively
- Answers to your burning design questions!
How to best prepare for your session...
We suggest that you have a list of areas/questions about your home projects ready for us prior to the consultation so we can discuss them together and maximize your time
Make sure all decision makers are present and think about how much time/energy/money you'd like to invest in this project so we can help you determine the best next steps after your session is complete.
“Having a strategy has made me feel hopeful to resolve my design issues. The session was really helpful and inspiring.
I was frustrated that my husband and I couldn't agree on a coffee table and was overwhelmed by all the options and choices. I was looking for clarity, ideas, and solutions to some other design dilemmas too and Amy was so intuitive and really dives into the psychology of design and understood my needs! She went above and beyond with ideas, inspiration and solutions.”
- Masha Goins
“By asking us questions about our taste, past homes, and what colors we found beautiful and soothing, AMy was able to pinpoint several selections that we would love.
We hired Amy from Refresh Design to help us pick out new colors for our home. The colors the previous owners had chosen were very bold and unique so it was difficult to imagine what new colors would look like. We have only had a chance to update one room so far, but I am very grateful for her time and expertise every time I go into our freshly painted sun room!”
- Beth Kraff
“Amy narrowed our choices down to the point where we could make an actual decision!
We wanted to make big changes in paint colors and replace carpeting with hardwood floors but had no idea where to start. We wound up going with her recommendations and are very pleased with the results. She guided us well!”